Volunteering your time, talents and interests with Every Child Central Queensland
Our vision for our children in Central Queensland is to bring about systemic and long-lasting change to health, wellbeing and life outcomes, and to ensure that every child has every chance to reach their full potential.
Every Child CQ does this by working collectively with and in the community for our children. Those who volunteer with Every Child CQ can make a significant contribution to living out this vision according to your skills, interests, attributes and knowledge.
Every Child CQ has four major projects in the Central Queensland community:
- We are partnering with Hear and Say in their Hear to Learn- Hearing Screening program – a program that provides opportunities for children from 0-5 years to have direct access to hearing screening in their own community.
- We are also partnering with OneGovCQ in the development of a placed-based collective impact initiative, focused on improving outcomes for Central Queensland children.
- We are in talks with Darumbal Youth Services about the possibility of extending educational support for younger students.
- And we are currently building our volunteer program and the volunteer workforce to support community groups in their work with children.
Every Child CQ volunteers can help change the lives of our children. How?
- Become a member of Every Child CQ project teams.
- Join in community consultations.
- Liaise with community groups and local parents.
- Read with young children.
- Help build a dynamic volunteer workforce.
- Use your Maths brain and examine statistics.
- Involve yourself in project activities with partner organisations and groups.
- Assist with fundraising activities.
- Source funding for our community projects.
- Write grant applications and proposals.
- Prepare newsletters.
- Play with digital technologies to spread the word about what’s. happening in our community for children.
- Research local community opinions.
When deciding where you wish to contribute your time and talents, think about the phase of program and project development where you shine:
- Creation and getting it off the ground.
- Growing and building the project.
- The doing and action part of the project.
All phases provide you with opportunities to build relationships with and work with, people from across our region.
Volunteers play a vital role in Every Child CQ. By bringing the voice of the community to the organisation and influencing and participating in activities and action groups you can ensure that every child in CQ has every chance to reach their full potential.